Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    @vars

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold’em – 5 players – View hand 2137542
    ************* Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $14.66 – VPIP: 36, PFR: 29, 3B: 23, AF: 1,7, Hands: 139
    BB: $10.96 – VPIP: 59, PFR: 26, 3B: 9, AF: 0,3, Hands: 34
    UTG: $25.72 – VPIP: 33, PFR: 28, 3B: 13, AF: 2,7, Hands: 513
    CO: $14.94 – VPIP: 28, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1,7, Hands: 39
    Hero (BTN): $22.04 – VPIP: 29, PFR: 24, 3B: 9, AF: 7,5, Hands: 23305

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with 3 3
    UTG raises to $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.20) J 3 8 (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65, BB calls $1.65

Turn: ($7.15) J (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets $4.00, Hero calls $4, BB folds

River: ($15.15) J (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks

Opponent:

A not so good reg that so far has seemed to be capable of making lighter call-downs and also seems capable of various spew.

The not-fullstacked-guy is an amateur that we don’t know particularly much about.

My own quick assessment – should have been an easy raise OTF as there are quite a few turn cards that either kill our action significantly or maybe even improve our opponents to the nuts.

The reason I called in-game was – I figured that raising in that spot looks super super strong given that there is that not-fullstacked guy in the pot as well. It’s clear that we’re not bluffing as we’re committed vs him and the dream scenario that I foolishly pursued when calling was that the amateur pushes and the openraiser goes all-in. Am I not naive!

Yeah, this was terrible but 2 questions that I still want to ask:

1) As played, what is more attractive OTT? Just flatting or raising? Didn’t want to raise as it looks even stronger than raising OTF given the turn card. Not much to protect from either. Then again, some river cards once again kill our action.
    In retrospect I think that raising OTT is much much better.

2) Do you agree with raising OTF? Just to avoid stupid outcomes like this one and similar?

Fu2me80

don´t get to tricky man! this is nl 20! people love to call! always raise flop!

Lumpizaver

Raise the flop, this is a dream spot :).

As played definitely raise the turn. Even if the river is not a J and he checks you are not getting all the money in without raising earlier streets.

Fu2me80

I would always raise the flop and try to get it in! This is nl 20, people love to call!

I think you don´t have to be tricky in such spots! Straight forward is always the best line!

eatyourpeas
    Participant

I think its not sooooo bad. Run out just sucked big time.
    So much depends on the barrelling frequencies of UTG here. On another run out you might have stacked his two pair or whatever but its also wet enough to raise and get plenty of calls. If UTG 3 barrels FD or AA/KK etc its ok to call him down raise river etc. Also you keep the fish in.

@vars

It may not be as bad as I maybe thought it was when that river card came but it’s difficult to imagine what the conditions should be like to make calling ever even a close alternative. Though would be interesting to hear if such conditions exist.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.